Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Packing for a year...

I leave for South Africa in 5 days and today is filled with packing. My Mother is cracking the whip and not letting me take much clothing, for obvious reasons. I am having a hard time parting with almost all of my closet, but I will have a whole closet of "new" clothes when I return in December. Here is my Mother's "methodic" packing:
 
I am getting more excited to leave, but nervous for the long flight and the fact that I will be gone for 1 year. Today I got some South African money from the bank, called Rand, so I don't have to immediately exchange money when I get there. Is it weird that I think the money is pretty? There are different exotic animals on each bill. Getting this money is making it seem more real.

  I guess the fact that I did not return to Pullman this past weekend when everyone else did, too, made it seem real as well. I will sure miss the Promise Land this year, but for some reason I think Africa will be more interesting than Pullman, WA. I hope I survive the 18 hour flight to South Africa!!

Pray for safe travels for me!

Xx

kCl
 

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you are in our prayers as you start your great adventure in Africa.
    Keep us updated on all your new experiences.
    Amy and Scott

    ReplyDelete