Monday, March 18, 2013

Monkeying around

Two weekends ago, we rented a car for the weekend.  The first day, we went to the huge mall that is close to here, but yet too far away for walking.  I found the gems in that mall, per usual.  On Saturday, we went to Monkey Town and saw tons of monkeys.  Here we played with monkeys for a half an hour for a mere $5!!! It was sooooo much fun! After that we drove around the coast, went to the beach, and ate an amazing meal.  It consisted of the best gazpacho ever and butternut/feta quiche.  We also made good use of the car that day and went to the grocery and got a big haul.  On Sunday, Kelsey and I went to the beach and ate gallons of sand each due to the wind.  We then drove all around the coast for hours and went to the top of one of the mountains and saw an amazing view.  We kind of got lost and found a  cute, quaint town called Pringle Bay.  When driving around to find a place to eat (we had two options), we saw baboons!! They are wild here and we followed them trying to get pictures until they ran away.  We heard that they were dangerous so we asked our waitress about them.  She said that they will only bother you if you have food.  If they come up to you, you put your bags down and walk away.  They will go through your bags and take what they want.  You can then come back and retrieve your stuff.  Sounds kind of crazy to me.  She said you get used to them though, and they are harmless as long as you leave them be.


A squirrel monkey trying to take pictures through my camera!

 My new BFF


Lindsay and me at Gordon's Bay
 Mo and me
 Kelsey, Mo and me
Linds and me





St. Patty's Day here was crazy.  We didn't have much green to wear so we decided to draw/paint all over ourselves!!! 
 Mo, Kelsey and me
 Rachel, Ali, Katie, and Mo
 Annie, Kelsey, and me
 GREEN ONION RING!!!

 The roommates!! Mo, Karolina, me, and Ali
 The interesting fish at Entrouge, a nightclub
 Kelsey, Melodi, Katie, and Katie having a movie night 
 Southern Ally and mye
 Romantic milkshakes with Kelsey and Katie
Happy St. Patty's Day!!! Pog Mo Thoin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment